Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Patterns of Emotion: Focus

Finishing up the Triads from Tony Robbins.

The last one is: Focus. 

Focus = Feeling

Whatever you focus on you’re going to believe. "Focus equals reality to the individual, even though it’s not reality in actuality." When I first heard that I thought it was confusing, but really Tony Robbins is right. For some many years I told myself that I was not worthy of love, so I acted that way. It was my truth, even though reality was…I was a daughter of God who was very loved. 

Ever heard the story of the four-minute mile? For years people believed that it is impossible for a human being to run a mile in less than four minutes until Roger Banister proved it wrong in 1954. Within one year, 37 runners broke the belief barrier. And the year after that, 300 other runners did the same thing. Amazing what a change of perception does! What do we need to change our perspective on? 

Placebo effect: People who are told a drug will have a certain effect will many times experience that effect even when given a pill without those properties.
No one is born with beliefs. Beliefs are acquired from a young age and through our life experience. The things you were told and how you were treated when young, become the way you think about yourself and the world, and become your beliefs, whether empowering or defeating.
The great thing is this doesn’t mean that our beliefs are actually true. Just because someone told us we can’t be somebody or do something doesn’t mean we have to believe them.
Challenges your beliefs. Your truths may not be reality. 

I am so grateful for this inspiration. I know that I have many beliefs that I need to challenge. I am so grateful that the Lord is helping me to see myself as He sees me. I am so thankful for the perspective that Tony Robbins was able to give me. Really hope that I can become more mindful and positive, taking complete control of my thoughts. 
Any tips or things you have all done to help you to be more mindful, positive, in tune with yourself? Would love to hear it. 

Much love,
Rachel

1 comment: