Sunday, January 5, 2014

Challenge Your Believe's

I have been listening to Tony Robbins a lot lately. He is truly amazing. As I was watching one of his inspiring lectures yesterday I was struck by what he was teaching and wanted to share it. He calls it the “Triad: The three pattens that create emotion.” There are only 3 categories, but so much amazing information in each category that I decided I would spilt it up between the next few days. 



Your Language:

Tony explains that the language patterns we have change how we feel. For example: if we say things in our head like, "Why does this always happen to me" or "I am stupid/dumb for thinking I could do ____",  you literally wear yourself out emotionally.  You start to believe them.  If you want to change your life, pay attention to the words you repeat to yourself. 

In Christa Black's book "God Loves Ugly" she challenges you to write down your primary emotions. To be completely honest, dig deep down. Write it all down where you can see it! She explains that there are no rules, you can write paragraphs, write a key word, even draw a picture if it helps you really release these emotions or “language”. You need to recognize what you believe about yourself before you can even begin to change it. Christa goes in to more detail explaining to "pay attention to your thinking. What strolls though that brain of yours everyday? What do you allow yourself to dwell on, feed on? What consumes your mind?" 

She once again points out the importance of writing these questions down and answering them throughout the day. Acknowledge the hard, horrible, painful, wrong, happy, exciting things your believe about yourself. Your mind doesn't think of things randomly, it has learned what to think or believe by your language pattern. Once your start to challenge these thinking pattern it will finally begin to change. 

Ways you can challenge what you think is using the list of your primary emotions and beliefs, once you have listed these down in front of you, you can take one at a time and challenge them. 

Christ black recommends challenging it like this: "I challenge the core belief that I am ________ and do not accept it in my mind and heart anymore. I am _________, regardless of what I see or feel. "  

You are better than you think. Stop telling yourself otherwise. Put it to the test. And remember one challenge one day at a time. By changing the language you speak to yourself you can change your destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment