Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sharing Is Caring

On KSL news they shared a story about a man who attempted suicide. Downer story, right? That is what I thought. But as I watched the story I actually was very inspired. 

"There is a time and a place for medication, and I used medication to get over my depression, even after the suicide attempt, and he prescribed medication," he said, "but the healing and the best medication came from helping others who were dealing with the same thing.” -Seth Adam Smith
Watch his story
Seth is now changing lives with his story. He has a blog. His blog not only talks about depression. It also talks about:
  • Addictions
  • Eating disorders
  • Post traumatic stress disorder
  • Faith
  • Love & family 
  • Inspiration 

His blog is not your typical blog. It is a group of 12 different authors. A large variety of topics and a lot of opinions (all positive).
I have been very inspired by it. I am so grateful that the Lord preserved his life so he, and others, can inspire us.
I know that many of us have been through very hard things. Perhaps you can personally relate to Seth's story. Depression is real, and it can be so painful and difficult. I have been there. I am so thankful that the Lord is making me stronger everyday so that I am able to share my story. To share that God is good. He is very aware of your situation. 
Much love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment