Wednesday, October 9, 2013

He Knows My Language

This morning I read the end of 2 Nephi and started the book of Jacob. 

I don’t know if I have mentioned it on here in the past, but I used to say that the scriptures were hard for me to read. 

I get bored. They don’t make sense. They use words, sentences or stories that I don’t understand. 

I have read the whole Book Mormon a few times and my life and certainly have a testimony that is true. 

This morning as I read the Lord inspired me with so many thoughts that I definitely have to share. I will only share one today: 

2 Nephi 31:3:

 “The Lord God giveth light unto the understanding, for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their own understanding.”

I have always loved that scripture.  Like I have stated in the past I am dyslexic and today the Lord was able to remind me that Satan is using that as a barrier to the Spirit. 

Just because I have a learning disability does not mean that the scriptures do not apply to my life. Just because I do not understand ever words does not mean that I will not feel the spirit. I will. The Lord knows me exactly, every detail. He made me. He knows how I work, how I learn and what I don’t understand. And frankly, I don’t have to understand every principle. I just have to have faith. 

So thankful for His message and Spirit this morning. I promise that it applies to all of us, learning disability or not, the Lord speaks to us in our own understanding. If we will just let go of our desire(s), He will enlighten our minds and hearts. I bear testimony of this. I am so grateful for a loving God. 
Much Love,

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. So true! Thank you for posting this thought. I need to keep remembering this. :)

    ReplyDelete