Monday, October 21, 2013

It Will Pass


This talk is amazing. 

Even though a lot of you have probably read/watch, but please re-read or re-watch it. 

“Whether we be single or married, young or old, let’s talk for a moment about how to guard against temptation in whatever form it may present itself. We may not be able to cure all of society’s ills today, but let’s speak of what some personal actions can be.
- Like Joseph in the presence of Potiphar’s wife, just run run as far away as you can get from whatever or whoever it is that beguiles you. And please, when fleeing the scene of temptation, do not leave a forwarding address.
  • Ask for a priesthood blessing.
  • Pray without ceasing. 
  • Ask for angels to help you.
  • If an improper relationship is developing, sever it.
  • (An).. influences, at least initially, may not technically be evil, but they can blunt our judgment, dull our spirituality, and lead to something that could be evil.
  • Go to the temple as often as your circumstances allow. Remember that the temple arms you “with [God’s] power, … [puts His] glory … round about [you], and [gives His] angels … charge over [you].” And when you leave the temple, remember the symbols you take with you, never to be set aside or forgotten.
  • Picture the faces of those who love you and would be shattered if you let them down.
These are just a tiny few point from His talk. He is an amazing speaker. I know that it is hard. 

I have been there in those moments where you are breaking, screaming inside and ache to be numb. I promise you that this will pass. Don’t given in. I promise. Call me! Do anything! Don’t let Satan control you. Because by giving into your addiction you are letting Satan wrap more chains around you. Do whatever you have to. But set up a plan for when I am triggered I am going to try X,Y,Z. 
Write down your plan today. And know that a loving Heavenly Father will be there for you always. He literally will send you angels to help you, even though you may not feel like you deserve them.
I promise what Elder Holland said is true. I know it. 
I am so grateful! Smile, “be of good cheer and Know that I am with thee”
Much love,
Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that talk. I listened to it so often when I was starting recovery. And I still try to use it daily. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey- Thank you for always commenting on my blog. It makes me so happy! you're so sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete