Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lord, I am desperate

I am sick and I need to accept that.
My body doesn’t do all that I want it to do or even all it needs to do, and I must accept that.

Accepting that does not mean I love it, it does not mean I want it to be this way and it certainly doesn’t mean that I will be in denial about it my health. It means that I will allow God, fully allow Him, to do what He needs to do.

Elder Holland said, “The road to salvation always goes through Gethsemane. And it will always require a journey to the summit of Calvary.

If we say we are disciples of Christ we walk where He walked, we feel what He felt, we pray the way He prayed, we cried the tears He shed, at least in a small proportion.

My convictions and my feelings of the Savior of the world have been born in the most desperate hours of my life. When I wondered if the sun would ever come up again. It seemed to come up for other people. It seemed to come up everyone morning for everyone else I could see, but not for me.
It isn’t always like that, and it’s not supposed to be like that. But some parts of the discipleship require that walk, basically His walk.”



What can we do when we feel overwhelmed by trials, tribulations and all of lives demands?

1. Admit that you need help. Stop trying to do it all yourself. A lot of our prayers are answered through others on this earth. So drop your pride/stubbornness and let others help!

2. Listen to uplifting positive music, people and talks (especially from conference).

3. Recognize the faith you have. Even if it is as small as a mustard seed it is all you need. 

4. Understand that you are not being punished. Don't be angry at God and know it is part of this mortal life. 

5. Slow down. As Elder Holland put it," Fatigue is the common enemy of us all- so slow down, rest up and replenish."

6. Be desperate for the Lord. Let him in. Pray with all might, mind and strength.  Never cease to pray. You can talk to him throughout the whole day.

Dear Lord, Help us to rely on You moment to moment, even second to second, hour to hour, day by day as we are trying to do thy will. 
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen
  
Much love,
Rachel



 "He'll Carry You"

1 comment: