Saturday, May 3, 2014

Meet Yourself

Dear Lord,

When I was sick and unable to eat or even move; I prayed that you would lead me to the right doctor. Lord, you did. I have medicine now so I can eat. But now I don't want to eat. I was so thin that I was unable to do almost anything. Now, dear Father, I have gained 25lbs back in 3 months. 

I hate talking about it, especially writing about it. 

It shouldn't matter, yet as I think that I am reminded that what matters to me, matters to you.

Lord, I compare myself to others more than I realize.  Father, help me to meet me. 
Help me to see the real me.
Grant me Serenity from moment to moment.
Help me to rely on thee every moment.

Lord, Thank you.
I can have limbs that can move.
I have more energy. 
Help me to recognize the good, 
and release the perfection. 

Help me. I need thee. 
In The Name Of Jesus Christ,
Amen. 


I wrote this about 2 weeks ago. 
Today I am grateful to tell you that He did answer that prayer, as well as many others. 
I know that I am not alone. T hat we all have struggles. Maybe your's isn't weight or body image, but maybe loving the real you and not who ever else wants to be is a struggle. 

Maybe you suffer from a chronic illness, a loss of a love one, or depression. Maybe you suffer from a "bad habit" or an "addiction". What ever it is, I PROMISE you are not alone. 

He answered my prayer by showing me that I am not alone.  I hope that through me, you can find that tiny ray of hope. 
That you can know it is normal to struggle. 
That we are made imperfect.  That you have so many around you that are willing to help. 

Ask God and He will help you meet yourself. 
Meet yourself, through God's eyes. 
And let me tell you it is miraculous.
We are all truly beautiful!

Much love for all of you (whoever you are),

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment