Saturday, March 1, 2014

Kiss Your Scripture's



The video above really touched me. I take my scriptures for granted. So many people went though so much, and now I have them on my phone and a few sets of scriptures at home. They are so easily accessible. I have no excuses to not be reading them and rejoicing over them. “Kissing them” like they were doing in the video. 

Elder Scott said,”Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope and a restoration of confidence in one’s ability to overcome the challenges of life”. (Oct. 2011 Conference)

 Read them! I mean really read them. Read them with a purpose.

1. Pray
2. Take Notes
3. Go S L O W
4. Ask questions
5. Reflect -“Take a thought from what you have read in your morning studies and meditate upon it frequently during your daily activities. This practice will help you keep your mind in tune with truth”. (Step 11, action step) 

You will grow in your ability to resist temptation as you study the scriptures and pray. Addiction Recovery Guide pg.65, Step 11.

So thankful that I have the scriptures. Even though I don't always understand what is going on in them the Lord helps me. He knows how to teach me an a way that I understand. Scriptures have strengthen me. Because of that I am able to resist temptation.  I can testify that if you read the scriptures for the next week your life will change. It was hard for me at first to make reading an everyday habit. But now I rejoice over them. The Lord is so good to provide such a wonderful book for all of us.

Go and read :D

Much Love,


Rachel 


2 comments:

  1. I can't open the link to the video. Could you post it below? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130lmskkqng

    ReplyDelete