Saturday, August 24, 2013

This Is Me

I am not a great writer. 

I actual suffer from dyslexia!

Thank you spell check.

So I have been working on writing “My Story”. I realized that I have so much to tell and am not sure exactly how to write it. It is something I have felt very self conscious about. 

You see, before I feared writing my story. Now it is more of a fear that I will write it and not have things flow in a way that the spirit can touch the souls of those who are reading it.

If you could pray for me. I would appreciate it so very much! It would be bring me a lot of comfort. 

Another thing, I want to be more me on here. I spend so much time reading other blogs that I tend to spend me time re-reading and re-writing the things I write on my own blog. I do not want that to be that case anymore. Just wanna me, mistakes and all.

So here is a little bit more about me.

My name is Rachel, I know it has been places throughout my blog. But I have never officially introduced myself. So there it is. 

I am 22 years old.

I love to take photos, especially of old abandon building, bridges, and especially this beautiful land we live in. 

I have recently started to read tons. I love it! There are so many inspiring stories out there. Thank you to all of those out there that had written their story. 

I love watching HGTV and dreaming of design my first home. 

I have been married for just over 1 year to a very supportive husband. 

I love the step 12 program! I mean I love, love, LOVE the LDS 12 step addiction recovery program. 

I love the Lord and every day I am learning more about Him. Which helps me know who I really am. 

I want to serve and touch hearts around me. I don’t know what the Lord has in store for me....where this blog or my story will really go. If I will tell my family and friends, or if staying more “anonymous” is the best way for me to help others for.  Whatever it is, I am grateful to find out. I know He will guide me and for one of the first times in my life I am so excited for the present day and all I get to do with it, through the lord.

So this is me. The real me. My addiction does not define me. My recovery does. 

Thank you all for reading. Hope I can get to know you all better.

Much Love,

Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! So nice to meet you! Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to get to know you! it is refreshing sometimes to post a little piece about what we really are...which is not an addict. An addiction is just a condition of the mind. It does not define us. Like someone once wrote, "I'm so much cooler in real life..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stacey and Warrior. I truly believe that our addiction(s) do not define us! So thankful for that. Thanks for letting me know that others are out there that are listening (reading) and really do care.

    THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete