Saturday, August 31, 2013

No Trial We Suffer Is Wasted

Yesterday at work  a co-worker exclaimed “This world is a horrible place!” She went on to read the news, out loud, which was in fact heart breaking. It made my tummy turn. Yet, I couldn’t help thinking that God is Good. 

Why does God allow bad things happen to good people? 

A question we have all heard over and over, at least I have. 

Well, Orson F. Whitney put it perfectly:

"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our character, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father in Heaven."

Readers...who ever you are. I promise with my every fiber of my soul that everything we go through is for a reason. What YOU are going through this very second is for a reason. It’s okay to have hard days, it’s okay to doubt if the Lord is there, or feel like what you are through will never end. But never turn your back on a loving God. Cry, let it out...to Him. Don’t use it against the Lord. 

One of my favorite songs is: Better Than a Hallelujah

I probably have posted it on here before. Haha. But here is it: 


Listen especially to the chorus:
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are 
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah

Scream out your "melody" to God.  I know you can do it! We all can! Whatever you are going through. God is so much more than good. He is perfect, absolutely perfect. 

Much love, 

Rachel 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Rachel! I love that quote by Elder Whitney.
    I also love that song. It touches me.
    It is hard to remember that the hard times have a purpose.

    ReplyDelete