Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Crawl




My therapist showed me this video a few years ago. The other day I showed my husband and now I want to share it with all of you. 

It is entitled “The Crawl”. It is incredible! It is so hard to watch the pain of the runners. I could NEVER imagine that. Yet we all feel pain suffering, evil, good, happiness...etc. We all knew before we came here what we would feel. Life is not only joyful, but sometimes overwhelming.  
Each of us are given our own ‘unique’ trials. We are given trails (addictions) to “become perfected in Him”. To learn how to rely on the Lord. There have been times where I believed my trials where to much. I would cry out as Joseph Smith,”Oh God, where art thou”. I have felt like those runners. Putting all my effort and falling, completely exhausted. 
In “Experiencing Christ” Randall J. Brown says: God causes things to happen at exactly the right time. We must, therefore, stop trying to figure everything out and let the Lord be God in our lives. 
Jesus Christ came to exchange with us. Each of us can take advantage of His offer. He came so that we might give Him all our cares, problems and failures. He, in return, give us His peace and joy.
The Savior really does desire to take care of us, but we must let Him. We must stop trying to take care of ourselves and stop worrying about every little thing we cannot control. So often we insist on worrying and trying to figure things out on our own. By doing this, we miss out on the Lord’s guidance. The Savior will give us His peace if we first give Him our worries. We do this by trusting that He had the situation under control. 
What an amazing exchange! We give Him our worries and problems and He gives us His peace.” 
The Lord has said:
“For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
“Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall … follow after much tribulation.
“For after much tribulation come the blessings” (D&C 58:2–4).
I can testify to you that I know the Lord is there. He will save you. Work step 3 every day (put your trust in the Lord). “Surrender all things to Him”. 
It is my pray and hope that we can come to know that Lord, trust Him and depend on Him for every single thing in our lives. Even if is means we crawl every single inch of the way he will be there to lighten our burden, our affliction and even our addictions, but only in His timing. 
In the name of Jesus Christ,  Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. The Ironman always makes me cry! Thank you for sharing. I think I don't let Heavenly Father carry me enough.

    ReplyDelete