Saturday, August 23, 2014

Where Love is, God is.

I recently read that book “Power of Positive Thinking”, by Norman Vincent Peale. 

I loved so much about it and highly recommended it to everyone.  There are a few different things that I really loved and wanted to share from his book: 

The way to happiness is:
-   Keep your heart free from hate
-   and your mind from worry.
-   Live simply.
-   Expect little, give much. 
-   Fill your life with love. 
-   Scatter sunshine. 
-   Forget yourself. 
-   Do as you would be done by. 

Do this for a week and you will be surprised!!


I love all of that. And think it is great for all of us to try, I mean it’s only 1 week!!

I also love how much Norman Peale talks about having a relationship with Christ. In his book he says,

“The bigger your problems the bigger your prayers should be. How do you prayer if you don’t believe? Today go around saying, “God love me”, “God is with me”, “God is helping me”, “God is here in this present moment”.


Where love is, God is. Where God and love are there is happiness. Ten time a day say.” I can do all things through Christ which can strength me.”

Put yourself in Gods hands, say, “I am in God hands”. Now believe that you have all the power. 

Remind yourself that God is with you and nothing can defeat Him. 

I love how He speaks of God and out relationship with Him. 
I hope that we can all be able to practice something from Norman. This week I am focusing on “The ways to happiness list”. Will check in next week to let you know how it goes and tell you more about what Norman and others say about positive thinking. 

Much love,

Rachel 






1 comment:

  1. Please update us! I needed to read this today. Thank you for reminding me that God is there for me. <3

    ReplyDelete