Sunday, July 27, 2014

Trials: Assist Us in Relying on God

My husband and I are on vacation in california.

Sorry about the delay, I usually post on Saturdays.

On our flight over I was reading through my old notes and found this: .


"In the conclusion of  "Experiencing Christ" it says," The dark and deart waste may be experienced in the forms of unconqured weakness, the nagging pain of sin, or in a loss of hope. Whatever the case, we experience there human conditions so that we may know our need for our savior 's mercy. If we experiencing hitting rock bottom, being abused, being trapped in addiction, or drowning in feelings of inadequacy or shame, their purpose is to assist us in relying wholly upon the mercy of Christ.
As I read this I began to feel overwhelmed with the spirit. I know at many times I get overwhelmed, I feel like I cannot handle it.  But I heard The Lord say to me "I love you that much. I love you enough to let these things happen to you because I didn't want to lose you. You have this addiction because I knew you couldn't handle it. I knew that you would struggle, that there would be sleepless night, that there would be tears. But I also knew that you would turn to me. I knew that they would make you hit rock bottom. But this is the only way to show you who I am. To show you that I am here for you. To have you trust in me.  To make you into the beautiful daughter that I know you can be. I am here. I love you. This struggles are because I can't lose you. I love you. I promise I will always be here. "

I wrote that in March 2013. I am so grateful that I  was guided to read over it again today.

I can testify  that The Lord loves us and is so aware of our lives.

Much love,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment