Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hope In Times Of Despair


Lord,

I can’t continue on. I don’t want to be negative. I know you know what you are doing. Right? I have doubt. I am sorry, I don’t want there to be doubt. I want to trust in your will. I want to be strong. I want to positive. I want to show love and be love.

I feel completely unsure. 

I know you have not abdomen me. But I find my asking, just as Joseph Smith “Oh Lord, where art thou?”






(This talk is from CES fireside 09/07/2008)


Lord, Thank you for guiding me to this talk 2 weeks ago. . I realize how much I need it now. Please continue to open my eyes to thy will and to know that thou hasn’t left me. 

In the name of Jesus Christ amen

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to bow to His will. Thanks for sharing this! I too feel like Joseph sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel for you Rachel.

    so many times when i'm struggling, i KNOW that he is there, but i just don't FEEL Him. i'm grateful that i don't ever question the logic of my beliefs, but i wish my emotions were more in sync with what i knew. and i find when i usually don't feel so close to him, there are things i'm slacking in and i'm not entirely exercising my faith and trusting Him.

    Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
    24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

    ReplyDelete