Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Miracle Is You

I know everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I wish I knew why.

About two weeks ago I started having some abdominal pain. It has progressively gotten worse. If I eat the pain increases. I am uncomfortable. I am bloated. .....blah, blah, blah! Gallbladder abnormality has my name written ALL over it.

(I am not just complaining, promise! this post has a point.)

Because of the slight limitations I have had the last few weeks I have become very frustrated. The pain comes and goes, so I always get my hopes up that it is gone. But wham, its back! 

I didn’t realize how much I was complaining and how anger I was until my husband asked if I wanted a blessing. (I SHOULD HAVE ASKED WEEKS EARLY!!!!) Of course, I knew it was exactly what I needed. 

My husband gave me a blessing. And the Lord had so much to tell me. I know He was there holding my hand telling me that He understood. I know it is a small thing (especially compared to other people’s illness), but the Lord knows to me it is a trial. He truly knows how I feel. 

Another part that stood out in the blessing was that the Lord said something a long the lines of...you worked hard to get this body. You were so excited to get it. Treasure it! Lean on me. I will guide you to doctors and people that can help you. 
I know I get so caught up in what I have that when it’s gone I get so angry. I know (or think) we all do.... Like when I get a cold/ sinus infection. I can’t taste anything. My head is pounding. My body achy. I wish it would go away so bad. I want to breathe, taste and have energy. But right when that is gone, I don’t even notice. It is just a part of everyday life. 

I am grateful for this physical affliction right now. It gives me time to trust in the Lord more. I have the opportunity to be reminded every day that I have been given such a beautiful gift, my body.  

I came across this video today (and even though watching it was sorta weird the words and the message are awesome!)




I hope we can call realize the miracles that are around us everyday. 

Much love! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time physically! I used to have gallbladder pain and it HURTS!!! Glad you had such a great Spiritual experience with it though. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your pain! I can relate. You are in my thoughts and prayers:) What a sweet blessing! Afflictions really do bring us closer to our Savior. Even though they are hard, they change us for the better. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your support!

    Hope sparrow: I needed that right this very moment. I am having a hard time holding on to that hope. Thank you for reminding me. It will change me for the better. Much love!

    ReplyDelete